Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Kitchen Remodel, Day Two

 November 3, 2020 (Election Day)

Yes, I pulled out my mother's high school graduation set of graduated pearls and wore them with my T Shirt and jeans.  RIP RBG.  Yes, we voted, as did our crew (I know because I asked!)  (see my FB page for a picture of me in Tshirt and pearls!

New crew arrived at 8 am (yes, in the morning, good news, they don't start at 7!).  Sam, Rob & Cornelius.  Great crew!  We moved a few things around, fridge moved in front of the window (the one I wanted to remove) and dishwasher to the garage.  Then dismantling began in earnest.  

End of day two, only thing to remain untouched is the hood (the clouds parted, the angels sang):


They were discussing that when removing this L shaped piece of granite they were concerned that it would break before they could get it into the garage (possibly injuring one of the crew). "No problem," I said, "break it at the corner groove and the new owners can super glue it in their shop." Sam & Rob were much relieved. Yes, I'm pretty reasonable and am anxious that they do things safely (no I didn't ask about safety goggles, I just assumed they knew how to do their job. However tomorrow I will inquire as I've been beat up a bit by friends commenting on my destruction of a wall that I failed to wear eye protection. Turns out my contacts aren't good enough. And sandals ... Oh well, I survived, got to break into the wall, had a Chip Gaines moment and then returned to my quilt studio, satisfied that I had done my part!) Continuing work on a beautiful quilt. It's a gift so I won't post it until it has a new home.  Tried to upload the Chip Gaines movie but Blogger wouldn't accept the file.  I'll post it in the comment section.


Peninsula almost gone.  Look down that hall at the door.  That teeny tiny space inside that door is the pantry.  Well, WAS the pantry.  


With the elimination of the small hutch on the living room side, and the teeny tiny pantry, the space expands and will eventually be a real honest to gosh hutch.  Gary's happy that I'm happy.  And boy howdy I'm floating on air!  It's going to be AWESOME!



Gary's truck used to be in this space.  Roger will receive the peninsula in the next few days, the rest of the cabinetry will go to Patsy's workshop on the 10th.  Gary is parking next door in our neighbor's spare space.  Great neighbors!

Speaking about great neighbors, a big shout out to Roger & Jan for feeding us on our first night without a functioning kitchen.  That meal included left overs which will be consumed tonight.  Love our neighborhood!

These guys are professional, polite and more than accommodating.  If you need an amazing contractor with a great crew check in with me!  Well, I'll hold off singing his praises publicly until this project is complete.  But after Day Two, I can already tell that we'll get along.  Sure, he tries to talk over me, yeah that doesn't work well, but I do enjoy a good try :)

More will be revealed!

s



No comments:

Post a Comment

Paris Cruise Day 1 and 2

 We're boarded.  We're in a terrific room with a "French Balcony."  Never heard of such a thing. Turns out we have a slidi...