Saturday, November 4, 2017

Arriving in Prescott

We arrived Friday.  Big empty house.  Sounds bouncing off the walls.  We brought two folding chairs, a big table from Costco and two camp chairs.  We set up the table open the chairs and wonder what to do with ourselves.  Oh yes, we let the cats out.  Much crying and "chatting" and running from one room to another smelling the corners.
 We also brought two twin guest beds, one unfolds and the other blows up.

 The office, upstairs.  So much potential.
 The weekend was spent shopping at Lowes, Home Depot, Safeway, Target and other stores, my debit card was in pain.  The sellers (let's not bad rap them too much -- but I just can't help it) took everything...including the hooks on the walls of the closet!  We had really settled into our Humboldt house and spent years making it just exactly what I wanted with storage for EVERYTHING I could ever want.  This master bath has almost zero storage.  A nice size closet, but no where to put linens or towels except on ONE small towel rack.

The guest bath (connected to the office) has a small cupboard where we will store the extra rolls of TP.  There is one coat closet by the front door.  Lots of awkward cupboards in the laundry room -- oh yes, they left their washer and dryer when they said they would not.  After wondering what in the heck we were going to do with them, we did laundry and decided to worry about that another day (problem solved, one of the movers was thrilled to get a new to him W&D).

The downstairs master has a ton of storage space?????  Haven't decided how I'm going to solve that.  I was just telling my friend, Barbie, that I have to live in a space for awhile before I hang pictures (I think we were in the Humboldt house for 4 months before I hung any pictures and once up I never moved them around).

We spent the weekend comforting the cats, looking around Prescott, wondering how our new lives would pan out, and sitting on the deck taking in the view.  For all the things I've been grumbling about .... do we have a view!  Boy howdy, do we ever!

I'm exhausted by the end of the day and have been going to bed quite early (for me) so I'm up around 5am, into the kitchen to make coffee and look at my phone and await the sun rise.  While my view is to the West, the sky begins to mellow, then it turns a lovely pink with yellow tones, then it brightens up and I watch the sun shine down on the mountain rim and forest below.  I tell you it's breathtaking!  Then it's off for chores, checking out the house some more, trying to decide where things will go and waiting for wine thirty.  Onto the deck to watch the sunset.  It's magical.  We'll figure out the small stuff.......


1 comment:

  1. The small stuff always gets figured out..one way or another. Wine thirty is always the best time of day to reflect on your adventure. I am certainly glad you will Not have to deal with the time change tonight! Did you realize that?

    ReplyDelete

Paris Cruise Day 1 and 2

 We're boarded.  We're in a terrific room with a "French Balcony."  Never heard of such a thing. Turns out we have a slidi...